Once you select your email service during the registration process and give Authentication consent to DealWall to access your document repository on your behalf, DealWall allows you to browse files and folders available in the shared repository and share them with other deal team members in the context of the Deal. This helps in consolidating all the documents related to a deal in a central place.
Giving Authentication consent has been described in detail in section on Logging In
The Document repository is selected based on the email service you selected during registration process. If you selected Google Mail, Google Drive is used.
If you selected Office 365, Sharepoint Online is used.
To browse files and folders from the document repository:
- click on any Deal tile in the landing page
- On the Deal View page in the Activities pane click on icon
- it shows the repositories available to you
- Click on the repository name and now you can browse the folders and files available there in.
- you can click on any file name - depending on the file type the browser will either open it another tab or will download it and you can use an appropriate app from the device to open the document.
- DealWall uses the repository API to fetch the file / folder list and the file from the repository on your behalf.
You can upload documents from local device to the document repository. To upload documents
- Follow the steps above to navigate to a particular folder where you want to upload files.
- There click on icon
- Browser will open standard dialog on the device to allow you to select file from local directories.
- select a file and click on Open or Save depending on the device dialog.
- The app will upload the file to repository and refresh to file list to reflect this new file addition.
You can share the documents available in the repository with other members of the deal team. A link to the file is sent to these members. The document repository may require the shared member to register their email address with it.
To share document:
- Follow the steps listed in browsing documents above to reach the folder containing the file to share.
- select the file to share
- click on icon
- app will present a list of team members with whom you can share the document
- select the desired members
- you may select "View only" if needed - they will now be allowed to edit the shared document
- click on icon to share the file with the selected members.
- DealWall uses the underlying repository API to share the file on your behalf.
- The files thus shared are listed in the Deal Activities list.
Viewing Shared Documents:
You can view the documents shared with you by other members or the documents you have shared with others in the activities list for the deal.
To see list of shared documents :
- click on any deal tile
- in the Deal Activities list you can see the shared documents listed
- you can click on the listing and it will show details when it was shared by whom and who all are followers
- You can click on the name of the file and DealWall will request the browser to open the file in new tab or just download. This will depend on the type of the file and browser capability.
Copyright 2016-2019 A2O Mobile