As part of Enterprise on-boarding, Enterprise Templates are loaded into DealWall. One of the components in the Enterprise Template are the Stage Templates. There can be multiple stage template for each enterprise. This typically depends on the type of deals the enterprise handles and the typical workflow associated with each deal type.
For example an enterprise may handle deals concerning
- providing products and services
- RFP answering
- contract renewal
Each of these deal types have their own unique workflow, so the enterprise will define at least 3 stage templates.
These stages templates are listed in the Add Deal form and you have to select 1 template to associate with the deal.
Each stage template defines
- a list of Stages and their sequence.
Each Stage has
- a name
- sequence number in the list of stages
- minimum number of days required to complete the stage
- a list of tasks that need to be handled in this stage
Each Task has
- a name
- type of task
- assignee (either a specific named person or by role in the deal team)
- minimum number of days required to complete this task
- if the task type is linked to a file (for example RFP section or Contract) it has the linked file name.
- any child task
- any preceding / succeeding task
Deal Stage Template:
when you create a deal in DealWall, you assign a specific Stage Template to the deal from the list of templates available. This automatically provisions the stages and tasks associated with the stage template. It also ensures the task dependency tree if it is defined in the Stage template.
When marking a stage complete it ensures all the tasks associated with this stage are marked complete.
When moving stage dates, it also tries to move the tasks associated with that stage and ensures the tasks can be completed within the given stage timeline.
Copyright 2016-2019 A2O Mobile