Deal is the focal point of all things that happen in DealWall. Using the menu in the navigation bar you can
- create a deal in DealWall
- import a deal into DealWall from underlying CRM
- invite others to participate in a deal
- be invited to participate in a deal created by someone else
- follow an existing deal if at executive level.
Once a deal is created in DealWall it follows a preset life-cycle through various stages as defined in the Enterprise Template for your organisation.
Each stage may have a set of pre-defined tasks as defined in the enterprise template. This constitute the workflow to follow as the deal progresses through the life-cycle.
As an account executive you can track the progress of various deals you are involved in using the colour coding of the deal tiles on the Deal List View page.
As an executive level user you can track the progress of various deals using the Executive Dashboard where you can filter / sort the charts and drill down as required to understand the bottlenecks if any in the pipeline.
Following are key parameters in a deal
- Deal Name - (mandatory) deal name - DealWall uses the name to tag inbound emails to appropriate deals using AI algorithms. So set the deal name appropriately
- Created Date - (mandatory) - the date this deal was initiated. The stage / task workflow starts from this date.
- Closing Date - (mandatory) - date this deal is estimated to close
- CRM Account - (mandatory) - the CRM account with whom you are dealing with. You can select a CRM account from the drop-down or add new CRM account if not found. For more information CRM Account click here.
- Type - select the type of this deal from the drop-down list. This list is defined in the Enterprise Template for the organisation to which the deal owner belongs.
- Lead - select the lead for this deal from the drop-down list. This list is defined in the Enterprise Template for the organisation to which the deal owner belongs.
- Vertical - select the industry vertical for this deal from the drop-down list. This list is defined in the Enterprise Template for the organisation to which the deal owner belongs.
- Geography - select the geographic region where the CRM account is located. This list is defined in the Enterprise Template for the organisation to which the deal owner belongs.
- Country - select the country in the selected Geographic region
- Region - select the appropriate region within the country if appropriate
- Description - describe the deal
- Stage Template - select the stage template for this deal from the drop-down list. This list is defined in the Enterprise Template for the organisation to which the deal owner belongs. The Stage Template defines the workflow for the deal comprising of stages and tasks. Once selected you cannot change the stage template. For more information on Stage Template click here.
- Probability - you can specify the probability of closing this deal.
- Amount - deal value as aggregate of the product listing or you can enter it directly.
- Volume Discount - any volume discount you want to apply towards the deal sub-total.
- Total - the deal value after applying the volume discount.
- Stages - This shows the current stage deal is in. clicking on this field opens the stages form where you can change the stage dates, mark stages complete. etc. For more information on Stages click here.
- Original Closing Date - (read only) - if you change the Estimated Closing date - the original closing date is remembered here - this helps in tracking deal dates.
- Actual Closing Date - (read only) - the actual date when deal is marked closed is auto-filled in here.
- Partners - you can add partners who are helping with the deal - these partners can be Suppliers, VARs, SIs, etc. You can assign amounts per partner. The partners get to see this amount instead of the actual deal value. For more information on partners click here.
- Product / Service Listing - You can add the products / services that are part of this deal. Each item can have number of units, rate, value which will be aggregated in the deal amount. Clicking on this field allows you to view / add / edit the products in this deal. For more information on product listing click here
Adding a Deal:
To add a deal
- click on in the navigation bar
- the deal list appears
- click on icon
- the add deal form appears
- fill in the necessary data - for parameter definition see above.
- you can select an existing CRM account or add a new one.
- Select the Type, Lead, Vertical and other fields from the drop-down as necessary.
- Select the Geography -> Country -> Region from the drop-down
- enter the Created Date and Estimated Closing date.
- enter the amount and any volume discount, it will calculate the total amount automatically
- click on
- Here you can select the products or services being offered as part of this deal
- You can also select the partners participating in this deal and the portion of the deal amount they get to see.
- For more details on how to add / edit / remove products (optional step) click here.
- For more details on how to add / edit / remove service (optional step) click here.
- For more details on how to add / edit / remove partners (optional step) click here.
- click on
- you can now select the workflow most appropriate for this deal.
- DealWall will populate the stages based on the workflow selected.
- DealWall will also calculate the stage timeline based on the workflow template.
- You may modify the stage end dates if required.
- Click on once you are done adding the products / services / partners.
- Click on once done.
- the system will start creating the deal
- it will instantiate the workflow items based on the stage template selected in the deal form.
- if any of the workflow tasks (for example RFP or contracts) involve links to files on the document repository those will be replicated and shared
- once the deal is created you will see the Deal List View page refresh with a tile for this newly created deal.
- You can now click on the Deal tile - this will open the DealWall view
- you can now invite other contacts to participate in the deal
- you can assign tasks to these deal team members
- start work on the various tasks to get work done.
To view the deals you have created or are invited to participate in
- click on in the navigation bar
- the Deal List view appears - for more information on Deal List View click here
- You can click on icon in the top navigation bar to get a tabular view of the deals.
- you can sort the table on any of the columns available.
- click on the Deal tile or deal row for the deal you are interested in
- The Deal Details page appears - for more information on Deal Details page click here.
Editing a Deal:
To edit a deal
- in the deal tabular list click on icon for the deal you want to edit
- Alternatively you can also click on icon in the Deal Details page
- Note the or icons appear only if you have edit permission to the deal.
- the Edit deal form appears
- make the necessary changes and click on
- you may mark the stages complete / skip as needed
- click on once done.
Copyright 2016-2021 A2O Mobile
Please sign in to leave a comment.